Charlie & Dre’s Beginner Photography Workshop
February 24, 2019
You're tired of not fully comprehending the basics of photography and are tired of shelling out your hard earned cash for a photographer.
You’ve googled and watched several tutorials online but are still confused on how to properly memorize important features such as the Exposure Triangle and need a live person to break down your questions and give you practical experience on the spot. YouTube is the go-to but isn’t practical for those rare scenarios when your camera doesn’t work as expected. You followed what the tutorial said verbatim but still don’t see similar results.
When we first started, we had troubles comprehending the basics too. Many a time, we’ve struggled and didn’t have a mentor, a forum, or the slightest clue on what to do. Now we’ve figured out a way to break down what seems difficult to the very basics to help you develop a new skill set confidently and faster.
Between us, do you struggle with or want to learn:
- how to shoot correctly?
- how to learn basic editing?
- what the best tools to use are?
- how to use your new skills to land compensated gigs?
- and more?
Trust us, we get it.
When I first started micro-blogging, my pictures were all poor-quality taken from an iPhone 4 back when Instagram first had those borders that newcomers thought were extra cool – which were so not! After looking at the aesthetic of some of the most popular travel bloggers and photographers, I realized I wanted my Instagram account to have a certain look and feel to it when visited. I had way less than the number of followers I do now and never knew that I could receive free product from brands in exchange for posts let alone being compensated based on the overall look! When I began to take shooting and posting high-resolution photos seriously, I almost immediately began to see a huge increase in the number of followers I gained, the number of likes I received, and the number of brands interested in collaborating with me for both Influencer work and photography.
As for Dre, he was always the person in high school with a camera documenting our high school experience. Even then, he always had an eye for taking pictures for Myspace, Crushspot, and the early stages of Facebook with his point and shoot camera and iPhone. After taking a film photography course as an elective, his love for photography began to grow and it is there where learned the basics of how to use a manual camera and also develop an eye. A few more photography courses later, he began to take what he learned and apply it. As he grew, the bulk of what he’s learned was from on the job experiences and Youtube University. Now, he has growing clientele in Detroit and also travels nationally to work with other clients as well.
Charlie & Dre's Photography Workshop will teach you:
- how to spruce up your social media with high-resolution photos
- the editing basics
- how to create a cohesive Instagram layout that will attract many clients and opportunities
- how to create a media kit
- how to reach out to brands with your portfolio
- how to negotiate prices and get paid your worth
- how to monetize your social media and bring that traffic over to your personal platforms
- the different kinds of equipment you should use
- and much more, that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
This is actually something you can do with a little bit of help.
You just need some direction, which is where we step in.
Introducing Charlie & Dre’s Beginner’s Photography Workshop held at Bamboo Detroit, February 24, 2019, from 1pm-6pm.
02/24/2019 01:00 PM
02/24/2019 06:00 PM
Charlie & Dre’s Beginner Photography Workshop
Description of the event
1420 Washington Blvd #301 Detroit, MI 48226
Who This Is For:
- anyone interested in taking their brand to the next level
- anyone interested in learning a new skill set with complete breakdowns
- those looking to get paid from their hobbies/passions
- anyone who’s tired of relying on others to take their photos or using their solely their smartphones for professional photos
What You Will Learn:
- read and understand what the different kinds of analytics mean
- use hacks and techniques to attract a larger organic following and reveal instant results
- strategically convert followers into customers/subscribers
- and more!
The Price Includes:
- a step by step run-through from both Dre Dotty and Charlie G
- a full workbook
- group consultations of all your social media accounts with immediate suggestions and takeaways to begin working on
- full course meal provided
- hands-on experience with your own personal camera or one of ours
- & much more!
“Charlie & Dre’s Photography Workshop for Beginners was by far the most informative ever! The workshop included the basic function of several cameras, equipment, do’s and don’ts for social media and how to reach out to brands for profit. The workshop also included a step by step workbook to reference for future use. Definitely, a must attend!”
Farmington Hills, MI
“Before Charlie and Dre’s Photography Blogger BootCamp, I didn’t even own a camera other than my iPhone. Their course gave me the confidence and understanding to pursue what was initially a passion, but now photography is my main source of income and it literally pays my rent! Charlie is my entrepreneurial inspiration and I would recommend this course for anyone willing to invest in their own future.”
Grow your brand faster with these amazing bonuses:
- access to Charlie G’s Minding Your Business e-book
- a downloadable Annual Freelance Income Report Excel sheet by Charlie G.
- a free downloadable/printable copy of Charlie G’s 2019 Goal Planner
By the end of this program, you should be able to successfully comfortable use a DSLR or mirrorless camera with ease and confidence, plan out your goals efficiently, and more! You should be able to plan and stay on top of your extra earned income each quarter. You’ll have the tools necessary to reach out, negotiate, and land major brand opportunities and continue to grow your brand.
The techniques displayed in this program and e-courses are what we use to execute, edit, and deliver high-quality photos for ourselves and clients which land us well-paying clients, comped trips, and other major collaborations every day. It’s now up to you to take the leap and make the decision to begin taking your brand to the next level!
*While this program provides assistance in growing and expanding one’s skill set, results are not guaranteed. It is our job to provide the best information possible from our processes that you can instill in yours, but will not be held liable if the user does not enjoy intended results.
Charlie G. is a full-time influencer and blogger for iamcharlieg.com and freelance photographer. She has been blogging for 10+ years and doing photography for 3 years, making a living from it full-time for about 2 years and counting. She has worked with many clients including Kiko Davis, Dr. Sabrina Jackson, Jabs Gym, and more. Her zest for lifestyle photography pushed her into shooting and producing the same quality lifestyle shots for others as she does for herself. Dre Dotty has been a full-time photographer for 5 years and counting. He owns his studio on the west side of Detroit where he unleashes his creativity. He has been building his clientele locally in Detroit and other states such as Atlanta and Chicago all thanks to social media. The source of his income comes from residual clients whom he has built strong relationships with while developing new relationships on a monthly basis using the tactics and skills we will teach in the Photography Workshop.